Landscape Construction Professionals needed!
Based in Chicago, Kemora Landscapes is a full service design-build landscape company looking for motivated individuals who are not afraid to get their hands dirty outdoors. Kemora is a community, and each team member contributes to the creation of beautiful outdoor spaces for urban residential properties. We focus on creativity, quality, and overall positive experiences for both our clients and our staff. While experience is a plus, we are open to anyone interested in starting their landscape career.
We believe taking care of our staff is the first step in taking care of our clients. We do that by prioritizing:
- INVESTING IN CREWS We prioritize equipping our crews with the proper tools and well maintained vehicles so they can be best prepared to do the job.
- CONSISTENT HOURS We know our employees are here to support lives and families so we are intentional about reasonable hours in the busy spring season with consistent hours through the slower summer season. Our crews average 40 hours from April until December.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT We support continued learning and advancement for any employees that have the desire to learn new skills or set goals for higher positions.
- OPEN COMMUNICATION We know that our people in the field are the best source for what processes work and what don’t. We regularly meet as a team which helps us create better systems of communication and implementation for better employee experiences.
We believe that landscape skills are teachable, but attitude and accountability is a necessity in the people we hire. We are looking for people that bring to the team:
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE Our priority is a happy work place and nothing is more valuable than positive people. Not every day goes to plan, so a flexible positive attitude makes the work day better for everyone involved.
- ACCOUNTABILITY We work and schedule our days for 3 person crews, so when one doesn’t show our potential for the day is cut by a third. Consistent attendance and responsible notice of personal days is required.
- GOOD COMMUNICATION We expect there to be issues that arise, so it’s easier to solve problems that are communicated openly and honestly. We understand that requires a sense of safety for our employees and so we set that precedent from day one.
- SELF MOTIVATION Crews work independently on various sites in the city and are expected to manage their time and productivity without the need for micromanaging.
Crew Leader and Crew Member positions are full time seasonal positions from March until December. Winter snow removal hours are available. Summer hours are typically 7am–4pm M-F with some Saturdays used to make up for lost bad weather days.
Daily Responsibilities may include: planting, mulching, installing sod, building patios, retaining walls, and rooftop garden construction. Crews will interact with clients and designers on site, as well as maintain their set of tools and equipment.
Starting hourly pay ranges from $15-$18 an hour. Things that contribute to higher starting pay are previous experience, ability to drive F450 size trucks, ability to speak fluent Spanish and English, and ability to lead a crew.